In 2003 Nextel retained Successful.com to undertake several short-term activities designed to increase the carrier's sales of wireless services and products into select vertical markets. For each of these segments, the primary tasks were to:
- analyze key vertical markets to define organizations' business needs for wireless, including challenging or confirming prior marketing assumptions;
- identify market and business operations factors that will influence wireless product and service sales;
- craft selling strategies for sales reps and marketing messages to deliver to each segment;
- identify potential marketing and technology partners;
- develop a multifaceted marketing plan;and
- create intranet content that helps sales people qualify, and sell more effectively to, prospects.